lunes, 27 de julio de 2015

Experience New York City from the Air

I was seeing the top of people’s heads becoming smaller and smaller.  Then, they became like ants and I started seeing the tallest buidings of the city and the other helicopters. I wanted to be attentive to every sensation, every sound, every movement of the pilot that was reflected on the pedals and on the gears. The wind whipped my head until I got helmet and I could hear and I sang the song "Empire State of Mind".

From up there I felt powerful, active, strong, energetic ... the mistress of the world. I was able to observe all of Manhattan along the Hudson River, from the suburbs to Upper West Side where we saw  Soho, West Village, Madison Square Garden, Central Park, Empire State Building, Chrysler...  Finally, I saw the Freedom Tower, which is the tallest and greatest building I have ever seen. It reflects the sun in the sky. 

I didn’t want to finish the trip because in the air I felt that nothing was impossible. I love the feeling of flying, I love the risk, it gave me an adrenaline rush, and thus it made me feel alive.

The friendly staff  and personable pilot went out of their way to make sure that we were feeling comfortable and having fun throughout the entire flight.

Time had just slipped away when I saw the heliport again from up in the air. I imagined various ways of how the landing would be, and suddenly the helicopter touched ground in a very sleek and lightweight form, I gave him the five to thank him for being the copilot.

When the doors opened, the propellers were still spinning and I felt the air on my face and throughout my body. It was amazing to share this experience with one of my best friends.


In this helicopter ride I was able to see all the best sights from a completely new vantage point, one I will never forget.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario