lunes, 13 de julio de 2015

Travel Risky Behavior of Dangerous Reality

My parents, my sister and I were siiting in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea , waiting for a helicopter to rescue us.  I have grown up in an adventurous and risky family. Ten years ago we experienced a situation so dangerous that my family came close to losing our lives.
Every year my family and I go to Ibiza for family vacation , so we take our boat and we go to Mallorca and then ibiza. It is seven hours of amazing sailing.

Ibiza to Mallorca (Pollença seaport) was awesome. About 10 miles out of Barcelona, the sea rose and waves climbed to eight meters high. We crossed the whole island of Mallorca and wanted to go back but the waves prevented us. They had grown to ten meters high. When we had left to go sailing, my mother was afraid to be there with her two daughters - my fifteen year old sister and myself, only ten. We tied ourselves to the deck with ropes so that the waves would not throw us into the sea. We put on life jackets in case we fell into the water. We reported our position to the sea rescue and told them that we would come back and try to control that we wouldn't flip over.  Once we found the safe wave in which we could cross the sea, we escaped from that storm.

When we arrived in the sea port, we saw a sailboat in which there were a couple, two old brave people of about 80 and 85 years old. They wanted to leave because they had had a lifetime sailing and wanted to go to Africa. If God took them into the end they didn't care because God had already given them  complete lives and the only thing they wanted to do was sail. My family wanted to see their crazy departure. Right now I realize that it was a risky situation and I would be afraid of taking the same adventure. This situation changed my mother's attitude and she didn't want to return to sailing.

We stayed 10 more days on holiday but it was amazing. The return home was in complete flat water. We saw dolphins and caught a tuna. So it was worth waiting a few days to return home safely.


This was an important experience and memory in my live. We needed to choose the right way of being safe and it made us stronger. Right now we continue living our life on the edge, which makes us united and stronger every day.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario