jueves, 30 de julio de 2015

I Need You

“ I am afraid to stop believing in friendship, about thinking that our friendship is not true as I could think. I am afraid one day the relationship is over, afraid one day you could get tired from me. I don’t ever want to miss you because you make me a better person, because you make me try my hardest every day. “

My best friend and I we have been together since 2 years old, playing in the same basketball club, taking dancing classes, studying together for the final exams, sitting next to each other in class… we were a very important support for each other in this
last few years. But all changed when school was over. We started different studies in diferent cities and universities. We made our own friend groups where we were living at that time. No one want to go back home because we were so comfortable in our new lives. So we decided to keep in touch by social networks, but after a few months we had even more and more work and exams from university, so we started to concentrate on that and we lost contact. We texted us the following summer when we were back home for summer vacation, but we couldn’t meet because she was in an journalism internship programme and I was on a family trip. But even though, we didn’t have enough strength to find a moment to be together. Once the summer ended, we started second course and during that time not anyone told anything. The following summer, after not seeing us in 2 years, I decided to meet my old friends from the same country where she lived. I didn’t know she had already comeback home, so we went to the same party.

“ Wooow Claudia you are the same tremendous and passionate girl as in school. We have to catch up to recover all the lost time. “

I thought she was pretty nice with me, but I should had to go carefully with that person that made sorrows me the 2 last years. In that moment I tried to be a cold person because what easy come, easy go. After 20 minutes I realize that she was the same best friend that was in school times, I could see it in her face in her acts, how she treat me… right there I hope I wasn’t the only one that feels so emotion. We spend 10 hours talking surrounded by our friends that we didn’t even care about them. After that day, we started talking every day and texting all the time and hangout about four times a week until I came to Yale.

“ I don’t want to miss you another time” She texted me when I was taking the airplane to New York. In that moment I realize that I wasn’t the only that I though we had already reencounter each other. We have tons of inside jokes, we smile at each other all the time, we share everything. I know things about her that she would never tell anyone else, and I have told her all mine. I know she cares for me, that’s the reason why we have been texting almost all days at Yale because we have become inseparate.

Only I want to tell that my life would be meaningless without the people who make me a better person as she did and she is currently doing.


“This letter is not suppose to arrive to you and if one day you get it, is because our friendship is real and I don’t ever want to miss it by far we are. “









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario