martes, 7 de julio de 2015

MY FIRST IMPRESSION

Studying at Yale has always been a dream of mine. Two months ago when I was accepted to this university I felt kind of proud and self confidence because this summer I would learn lot of things;  have time to meet people from everywhere, travel around United States, improve my English level, experience how to share a room, treat my foot disease outside home, miss my family and friends. All these are supposed to happen this summer at Yale University.

My summer trip started 3 weeks ago when I went to Madrid to do an interview and take the US visa, but a technical problem occurred in the consulate system, so I did not get my visa until 2 days ago. Right now I am at this beautiful enormous university that seems to be part of a movie. When my plane was landed I suddenly started getting to know people from Yale that came here to study medicine, acting and English as I am currently doing.


They seem to be clever, open-minded, active people that want to travel and learn. In our way to New Haven we were talking and getting to know one another, especially with a Croatian girl. When we were on the shuttle near Yale, I was a bit afraid of what was going on in New Haven, no one was in the city, only cars, taxis and a hotel that seems to be empty. Our bus driver said that this city was dangerous and we had to aware of people.



Suddenly when we arrived to Morse College for the registration, all Yale students were nice, friendly, polite and they gave us a key, all cards and paperworks to residence on the campus. Then I went to Calhoun College, which I was assigned to live in. On my way to Calhoun I went with a counselor that helped me with my luggage to getting up to the 3rd floor, he treated me with kindness. Once in my room, it was all mess up, so I started organizing my wardrobe, bed, luggage, suitcase and all papers students gave me in the registration. Then I went dinner to Morse with some people from my college, that almost all were asian, but it was an interesting meal because they explain us their way living. A part from that, food wasn't to my liking. Later we went to our college, where I phoned my family and messaged with my best friends, whose I miss so much. Right now, I realize that I am more sensitive that I thought to be. It is my first time being alone at another country, even though I've been to Boston and Manchester years ago, but I think that Yale will really made me better academically and personally.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario