martes, 21 de julio de 2015

My First Steps

“Oh pequeño hijo mío, estoy triste por dejarte ir.

I remember the day I was holding your hand, you wouldn’t let go of me. I felt the 
responsibility of taking care of you, because your dad left me alone, honey.

I want to make you the strongest man in your society, so you need to listen carefully to me and do what I say.

Step by step you are going to learn how to venture into the world, how to make your own decisions.

Don’t be afraid, I will be by your side, but there will be a moment that you should fly  alone and fight.”







The mother leans over and hunches her back towards the infant´s side and not towards the adult´s side because the adult has already grown up and it is the child who needs to be protected. 

The child that you see was Picasso’s "secret" daughter that he had with his house 
maid when Picasso was already married.

Two years later Picasso was divorced from his wife because he wanted to marry his house maid. At that time, if a divorced person had willfully destroyed a valid marriage, or if that person had entered into another romantic relationship, he wouldn’t be accepted by the society anymore. 

When Picasso could finally take care of his child, the child could learn a lot from his father. 

The baby’s toes were ready to crush the soil, ready to crush the whole world. 


After a while, they were a family living in the same home, the baby’s foot wanted  to escape his mother's authority. The mother knew that her child would one day have to hit the ground, and she had to release him because all of mankind must learn through falls.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario